Minimum of three years with 18 months in-service training.
National N Diploma in Chemical Engineering
|Duration: Minumum 3 Years|
|Attendance: Part time|
|NQF Level 5, N4-N6|
Why choose this field
This qualification is aimed primarily at giving the learner technical, theoretical knowledge, practical knowledge and workplace knowledge and skills required in their chosen occupational/vocational area. The design of the qualification is such that if taken sequentially with related N courses i.e.N4+N5+N6, it enables learners to progressively obtain the National N Diploma once the required practical work component of two years, as required for Chemical Engineering, is completed. The qualification as a single entity has value in the workplace as it equips learners with vital knowledge and skills that enable them to be productively employed at entry level positions in an occupation. The qualification can be used for updating, upskilling and/or continuing education and training in related occupations.
N3: Engineering studies, or a Senior Certificate, or NSC with Mathematics and Science.
Study guides will be provided.
Once you have completed National Certificate in Chemical Engineering N6 at Central Technical College, you will be equipped to apply for jobs in the following fields:
- Process Plant construction
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Protection
- Research and Development Chemist
- Quality Control
On successful completion of the programme, you will receive a National Certification in Chemical Engineering.
- NATIONAL CERTIFICATE AT EACH LEVEL: N3, N4, N5, N5, N6
- NATIONAL N DIPLOMA (on completion of N4-N6 and 2 Years in-service training).
All examinations are National Examinations, set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Certificates and diplomas are conferred by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
All qualifications are nationally recognised by industry and universities.
The programme duration is three years part time with two years in-service training and tuition is face to face. Programmes are offered on Saturdays.
Students may pursue further studies in the Engineering Faculty at a University of Technology.
- Number of modules for study- subject to choice of the individual student
- The duration for the completion of the National N Diploma is relative to each student
- Mode of instruction: Tuition is face to face
- Choice of modules to facilitate credits towards a qualification: National Certificate and/or National N Diploma
- Saturday classes: 08:00-14:00
Students must make provision for additional costs such as textbooks, stationery, examination rewrites and certificates.